PDA

View Full Version : A Wrestler Died After Botching Moonsalt Last Night (Not WWE)

Storm_Rulz_2005
30-05-2005, 03:03 PM
I know there are a fair few people in these forums that like wrestling, so i just thought i'd post this article for interest:

From wrestlezone.com::

We have some very sad news to report. Last night, Ultimate Championship Wrestling ran a show in Taunton, Massachusetts. Indy wrestler Dan Quirk, a UCW regular who wrestled under the name "Spider", suffered a fatal injury in the ring while performing.

According to several reports, Quirk's opponent was unable to catch him during a high-risk moonsault, causing Quirk to crash to the floor headfirst. Quirk was out immediately with blood visible after he hit the floor.

The match was stopped and an ambulance was called. Efforts to revive Quirk were unsuccessful.

Dan Quirk was only 22 years old. We would like to send our condolences to the family and friends of Dan Quirk during this time of mourning.

I know it wasnt WWE, so its not that known, but damn you'd feel bad being the guy who dropped him.

Reon
30-05-2005, 03:30 PM
That's pretty sad and brings back unwanted memories of Owen Harts death. :(

.Havok.
30-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I have met him once before on a visit to America.. I love wrestling and I went to alot of shows and mt alot of wrestlers. Very sad to hear.

MackTheKnife
30-05-2005, 04:47 PM
That's bad, but what that says indicates bad choice, you don't moonsault on a single standing opponent. so many things can go wrong. Notice how anytime someone does a moonsault or SSP or other spinning move on a standing person in the WWE (either in the ring or to the outside), it's not just 1 person they are attacking, it's usually only a battle royal or multi-team tag match, and they can get caught by about 3 or 4 wrestlers.

It's always bad when a person dies or gets badly injured in the ring.

timmy83
02-06-2005, 01:15 AM
I just hope no-one was tasteless enough to start the "You *d up!" chant.

just a matter of faith
24-06-2005, 01:53 AM
That's pretty sad and brings back unwanted memories of Owen Harts death. :(
How did he die did he fall out a helicopter?

timmy83
24-06-2005, 04:35 AM
How did he die did he fall out a helicopter?

He fell from a ledge above the ring. He was meant to fly into the ring for his entrance, but there were problems with his brace. The fall was around 30 metres.

Steve_Price
24-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Hahahahaha OWNED :D

good on him, what a life of fakeness!

mini-macca
24-06-2005, 08:29 PM
He fell from a ledge above the ring. He was meant to fly into the ring for his entrance, but there were problems with his brace. The fall was around 30 metres.
Didn't he also hit his head on the edge of the ring???

NZSUPASTAR
25-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Didn't he also hit his head on the edge of the ring???

Yea i fought he like hit the ring post or the edge of the ring summin like dat

southsydneyrabbitohs94
05-07-2005, 01:28 AM
I know there are a fair few people in these forums that like wrestling, so i just thought i'd post this article for interest:

From wrestlezone.com::

We have some very sad news to report. Last night, Ultimate Championship Wrestling ran a show in Taunton, Massachusetts. Indy wrestler Dan Quirk, a UCW regular who wrestled under the name "Spider", suffered a fatal injury in the ring while performing.

According to several reports, Quirk's opponent was unable to catch him during a high-risk moonsault, causing Quirk to crash to the floor headfirst. Quirk was out immediately with blood visible after he hit the floor.

The match was stopped and an ambulance was called. Efforts to revive Quirk were unsuccessful.

Dan Quirk was only 22 years old. We would like to send our condolences to the family and friends of Dan Quirk during this time of mourning.

I know it wasnt WWE, so its not that known, but damn you'd feel bad being the guy who dropped him.

you shoiuld feel bad for the wrselter who did and the wrestler who dropped him. and wrestlomg sucx

07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Hahahahaha OWNED :D

good on him, what a life of fakeness!

Thats cold. Someone son, brother, father, husband just died and you say that, u are a sick individual.

knight4life
09-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Thats cold. Someone son, brother, father, husband just died and you say that, u are a sick individual.
damn straight he is! dude how would u like if ur mum died and u came on these forums and told us n we started bagging the hell outta u!